Time on Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:20:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Window Maker

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 06:57:19PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> But as far as I know IceWM can't run dockapps, which I've become
> addicted to.

I use Enlightenment, which allows me to bind my keys to change the
layering of the windows on my (12 virtual sliding) desktops. There is
support for Epplets if you like docking. I've never had any trouble
running KDE or Gnome apps from it and its very lightweight and
minimalistic if you run it like I do (see below)

http://www.clockbot.net/pics/screenshots/Enlightenment-Gentoo-cramped_looking_on_only_one_desktop_for_showing_off_purposes.png

An alternative, if you like the 'twm' feel, is 'pwm' which gives you the
ability to bind your keys much like Enlightenment and frame your windows
vertically and horizontally. I can't say how well it handles docking
apps as I've only used it in passing.

Let me know if you'd like to check out my keybindings.cfg for
Enlightenment, which use vi style bindings.

--
Regards,

Time

   13