Kevin Brosius on Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:40:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Window Maker

Time wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 06:57:19PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > But as far as I know IceWM can't run dockapps, which I've become
> > addicted to.
>
> I use Enlightenment, which allows me to bind my keys to change the
> layering of the windows on my (12 virtual sliding) desktops. There is
> support for Epplets if you like docking. I've never had any trouble
> running KDE or Gnome apps from it and its very lightweight and
> minimalistic if you run it like I do (see below)
>
> http://www.clockbot.net/pics/screenshots/Enlightenment-Gentoo-cramped_looking_on_only_one_desktop_for_showing_off_purposes.png
>
> An alternative, if you like the 'twm' feel, is 'pwm' which gives you the
> ability to bind your keys much like Enlightenment and frame your windows
> vertically and horizontally. I can't say how well it handles docking
> apps as I've only used it in passing.
>
> Let me know if you'd like to check out my keybindings.cfg for
> Enlightenment, which use vi style bindings.

Also, E supports Dockapps with an invisible wharf.  By default it docks
in one particular corner (I forget which, probably something silly like
upper left, but I had a couple cool dock items running before I started
using gkrellm almost full time.  Oh, and E17 :) )

--
Kevin Brosius