Michael Lazin on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:19:14 -0500

[PLUG] quake 3 sound problems

I am trying to run Quake 3 for Linux on a laptop running Mandrake 9.0. I got Open GL working but Quake 3 still won't start. When it tries to initialize sound it says /dev/dsp is busy and crashes. I am using the sound drivers which came with Mandrake. They seem to work for everything but Quake. My laptop has a Crystal Audio CS4299-A soundcard which isn't listed in the compatablity lists for OSS and Alsa. Any suggestions? Anyone know where I might find a linux driver for this card?

Thanks,

Michael