Kevin D. McAllister on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:21:37 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Netraverse LUG Sponsorship Program

* Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:48:59AM -0500, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> Which would be??? What is it that you need to use every day that you
> can't find a suitable replacement that is native Linux? Let me know and
> we'll see if we can find something for you.

I have heard from quite a few business types that the following
have no adequate replacement under linux or even MacOS X

- Intuit QuickBooks
- Goldmine/Act for advanced contact management

Possibly others, but I know people who have switched to OS X or some
Linux variant for their desktop only to switch back to windows when
they couldn't find a good replacement for the features bundled in that
software.

If you can point me to reasonable alternatives It may help me when I
am advocating Linux to people.

And btw GnuCash is not currently an adequate replacement for
Quickbooks.

--
Kevin D. McAllister
kevin@mcallister.ws