Tobias DiPasquale on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:21:39 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Netraverse LUG Sponsorship Program

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 08:21, Kevin D. McAllister wrote:
> I have heard from quite a few business types that the following
> have no adequate replacement under linux or even MacOS X
>
> - Intuit QuickBooks
> - Goldmine/Act for advanced contact management

[...]
> And btw GnuCash is not currently an adequate replacement for
> Quickbooks.

IIRC, there was an article on Freshmeat some time ago about this very
topic. Check it out:

http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/269/

Who knows? You might like something you find there. ;-)

Financial software doesn't get as much attention in the OSS community
because of its rather low technical difficulty level and its association
with "suits". But, there are plenty of OSS programmers that have to do
their taxes and the like out there, so you can be sure that these apps
are as high-quality as the rest.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer