Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:23:49 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Netraverse LUG Sponsorship Program

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 08:35, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

> Financial software doesn't get as much attention in the OSS community
> because of its rather low technical difficulty level and its association
> with "suits". But, there are plenty of OSS programmers that have to do
> their taxes and the like out there, so you can be sure that these apps
> are as high-quality as the rest.

Keeping records for individual tax returns has very little to do with
business accounting.

Keeping "suits" happy is what made MS the behemoth that it is.

One of the few interesting things I got out of the Red Hat Road Show was
their apparent direction in targeting the needs of small businesses.
They are trying to position RH 8 as the alternative to MS Office and MS
Small Business Server.  I was heartened just to hear that they were
interested in the market.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC