Tobias DiPasquale on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:21:56 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Netraverse LUG Sponsorship Program

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 11:57, Michael Leone wrote:
> Or if you need to access an Access database, which is your company standard?
>
> (and don't tell me how Access sucks, and (m|my)SQL could do it better;
> that's almost never an option, not for your average user)

While this may be somewhat of a truism at some places, no one should
ever use Access for anything. It's a half-assed attempt at a database
and should be replaced with a real RDBMS as soon as is humanly possible.
The "average user" can get a web interface with the database and you no
longer have to worry about paying MS license fees.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer