eric@lucii.org on Sun, 22 Dec 2002 07:00:28 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [OT] freely available windows dvd decoder and xwin client?

You might try VNC (http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/) which has
reasonable performance and is free.  In their internal version of VNC
they have the ability to key vnc workstations to their employee badges
causing their desktop to appear on any compatable workstation by simply
walking up to the workstation!  Too "Big Brother" for my taste :-)
(see: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/internalversion.html)

There used to be a simple X-Windows display server program called "MX"
(or "Mix")  I believe.  It *was* free but the last time I went to the
page (couple of years ago) the company had converted it into a profit
center.  I cannot recall enough information for google to locate it :-(

Good luck.

Eric