eric@lucii.org on Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Netraverse LUG Sponsorship Program

I, too, was looking at accounting packages.  I'd narrowed
the list to SQL-Ledger and Nola.  It turns out that Nola
is a pain to install (IMHO).  They want you to compile
Apache, PHP, and mySQL to make sure the "right" pieces they
rely on are there and working.  I could never get all the
dependencies correct so it never worked.  If I'd
been willing to spend a couple of days I could have conquered
it but SQL-Ledger was so much easier that I simply forgot
about Nola.

What was your experience with Nola?

Eric