eric@lucii.org on Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:41:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [CTCNet Phl] Tech question: Internet routers (fwd)

In my experience this is a perfect application for e-smith server
(now Mitel "SME server with ServiceLink"):
http://www.mitel.com/products/product.cfm?p_id=76

The install is painless (usually) and configuration is a snap.  The
advantage to e-smith is that it provides file sharing, email, firewall,
web, etc.  Most users won't want to sign up for the ServiceLink service
- at $175 a month.

Having said that, the hardware router in a box is probably the cheapest
method.

Eric