M.Simons on Tue, 07 Jan 2003 00:30:32 -0500

[PLUG] [CTCNet Phl] Tech question: Internet routers (fwd)

Greetings,

   This was sent to me as I am on the CTCNet (local Community Technology
Centers) mailing list for the local area.. (there are national lists
too) I am inclined to recommend old boxes with some sort of linux or
bsd(open?) preconfigured distro specifically for doing so.. however, I
don't really have the expertise, and the linux router project has
basically died. (www.linuxrouter.org)  What other distros or projects are
there? preferrably something simple, easy to use yet secure, stable.

If anybody would be interested in volunteering to help people figure this
out, or get them up and running.. I am sure it would be much appreciated..
I have on many an occasion spoken to some of the local tech & computer
reuse nonprofit organizations, and they are very interested in linux &
open source.. but they don't have the expertise.

This is a VERY GOOD opportunity to get Tux's (or the Daemon's) foot in the
door of a lot of organizations! (Not to mention put a lot of old 486s to
good use!)

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org