gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 07 Jan 2003 02:50:30 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Paul McCartney no longer in Swahili

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:18:18PM -0500, jeff wrote:
> Just found it and installed.  It works, thanks!

Cool. I can't recommend it enough. (And the NetBSD port is quite
clean too; all those folks figuring out video codecs are writing
OS-portable code, though much of it is very IA32-specific.)

You should find that it will also play anything that pretends to be
AVI (including DivX), some QuickTime (development version does
Sorenson, I believe; the release can do more basic stuff), any MPEG
video I've tried, VCDs and DVDs straight from the device (haven't
tried this part), and so on.

> [XMMS]'s actually off by about 2 seconds.

Hrm. Well, it's either a threads problem or a laggy output module,
as elsewhere suggested. Seems more likely that it's the latter, in
retrospect.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net