eric@lucii.org on Thu, 09 Jan 2003 19:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Time & date sync'ing between systems

Whoa!  I wanted to do this for months (my Linux server clock drifts) but
did not know how.  The ntp documentation was completly confusing and did
not do what I wanted.

I grabbed the rdate rpm, installed it on my systems, set the cron and
viola' - it works.  Nice.  Very nice.

Thanks.

Eric

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 05:57:29PM -0500, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> I use
>
> rdate time-b.nist.gov
>
> to sync the time to the government's time server and then I can sync the
> other systems on the network also using rdate.

#   Eric Allan Lucas
Let me give you a word on the philosphy of reforms. The whole history of
the progress of human liberty shows that all concessions yet made to her
august claims have been born of struggle. If there is no struggle, there
is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate
agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want
rain without thunder and lightning.  They want the ocean without the
awful roar of its many waters.  The struggle may be a moral one; or it
may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical, but it must
be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and
never will.
  -- Frederick Douglass