Paul on Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:01:07 -0500

[PLUG] wireless router

I'm looking for a recommendation for a, preferably low cost, wireless router with good range to operate between two apartment buildings which are almost directly across from each other. The signal will need to go through a small utility room (AC, heater, water heater) on my side and a glass door on the other side. Easily less than 100 feet apart. (Translates to about 30 meters?)

I've been wanting a wireless card for the laptop, but a card for a PC makes more sense. Any recomendations for a PCI wireless card? I've heard that they can be trouble.

(This has been covered many times before, but a recomendation for a PCMCIA card would round out the information. Orinoco Gold or Silver, right?)