Paul on Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:10:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OS Refund Day

So, it's back to the orignal problem of Windows being *required*. I guess that's bad enough.

Slight change of a worn out topic... My cell phone requires a driver to be used as a modem. I've heard that the driver only comes with software that I would have to buy. People have commented that the software, other than the driver, isn't even needed to connect to an ISP. I have the cable, but it doesn't do me any good. Very messed up considering we also paid for the cell phone! They must have gone to the M$ school of business. Pay and pay again or else!

Linux tries to use the ACM module with the cell phone, but it fails. I tried recompiling the module, but then it fails to load. In the second case, I know it's a mistake that I'm making. How do I compile a single module?

Mike Leone wrote:

No, they don't. They require a shipping version, usually. I just bought a
Dell laptop at work, with Win2000 pre-installed. The latest version of
Windows is XP, not 2000.