Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:01:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Sun Ultra 10, Install Help

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:13:42AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > Check the cdrecord man page. I'll be there's something special you
> > need to do to a cdrom to put a boot sector on it.

Really, there's not.

I have downloaded dozens and dozens of cd isos. I used a simple cdrecord
on the iso and I was able to get it bootable. I was able to copy bootable
cd images from other OSes as well.

In other news, you do need to pass mkisofs in order to get a bootable cd
image. However, I'm assuming that you are using a premade one from Suse
and you don't need to do this.

If you have other hardware that you know that works, you should try to
make a bootable cd and try it there first. A bootable image of suse for
your i386, for example.

Good luck.

Fred Ollinger