Adam Lazur on Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:36:15 -0500

[PLUG] Re: Linux boot disk to replace XP Admin password?

Fred K Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu) said:
> Mac hardware users can talk more about this. Can one put the macos on
> a iPod and use it to boot a mac? I don't know.

Yes, Apple mentions it somewhere in their iPod FAQ IIRC.

You should also be able to boot a recent Mac (say a Powerbook Ti or
ibook) in target disk mode and use that to boot the victim Mac.

Fun.

You can always set an openfirmware password, but that's bypassable with
physical access to the machine.

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey