Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:25:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Without OS X

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 10:09, W.Chris Shank wrote:
> I just used OS X to create a 20 minute video montage for my daughter's
> first B-Day. It took me about 2 nites to understand how the software
> worked and about 2 nites to actually edit all of the clips and put it
> to music. This was something that I ALWAYS wanted to do with Linux or
> Windows, but always ran into one problem or another - ie: IEEE1394
> didn't work at all, IEEE1394 worked but was flakey, BCast 2000 couldn't
> compile, BCast 2000 compiled and installed and could run - but it was
> so complicated, I couldn't figure out how to use it, couldn't convert
> the AVI files from my digital camera to VideoCD, I could go on.

This is pretty amazing (maybe to me only ;-) ).  For a while now, a
majority of Apple's advertising seemed to be focused on imovie and
iphoto, as if the computer was mostly just a high tech home slide
show/home movie editor.  Now ipod seems to have joined the mix.  All
along, I kept thinking, do enough people really want to do this stuff?
Is there really sufficient demand for this kind of thing to make it the
main focus of your marketing campaign for your entire computer line?

I guess there is.
--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC