gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:41:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] how to lose your rights and freedom...

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:57:39PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> And you wouldn't have conveniently lost your keys?

And be brought up for perjury and contempt of court too? No, thanks;
not when I can turn state's witness and get a lesser term for
handing over my key. (In point of fact, if I were actually doing
anything that needed to be hidden from the federal government by way
of encryption, I'd be putting some failsafes in, using distributed,
off-shore datawarehousing, and killswitches that activated at the
first sign of tampering, so that there wouldn't BE any way to
subpoena the data.)

> That reminds me of the decision to not respond to "unconfirmed" burglar
> alarms, unless they belong to a government official.  Makes sense.  How
> else could you get government officials to take protection away from
> their neighbors?  I'm serious.  I heard this on the news the other day.

Oh well, that's almost as reliable as reading it on the Internet.
;^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net