Kevin Brosius on Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:41:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CDROM making me crazy

I think maybe the error message is the key...

mount /mnt/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

bad option?

I notice you have "noauto,owner,ro" in the fstab.  This is Linux,
right?  I don't see "owner" in my 'man mount', did you perhaps mean
"user"?

My cdrom mount entry in fstab looks like:

/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom    auto    ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

--
Kevin