eric on Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:04:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CDROM making me crazy

Thanks to all of your suggestions we've figured it out... sort
of.

When the ATAPI tape drive was in there the system loaded the
ide-scsi module and did not load the cdrom module.

Later, for some unknown reason, the cdrom would not switch back
to /dev/hdc.  We insmod cdrom and we can see it.  If we
insmod ide-tape then we can see the tape on /dev/ht0 and /dev/nht0.

We're going to reboot and try to access the tape AND the CDROM
on the scsi devices... checking dmesg to see where the kernel
put them.

I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again.

Eric