Michael Bevilacqua on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:35:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] /etc on a separate partition

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 08:54:25AM -0800, Wayne Dawson wrote:
> So:  what do you mean by "disable IDE completely", and how do I do it?

In the motherboard BIOS, if you were to disable all of the IDE
controller(s) and make sure that your Adaptec SCSI card is set to install
its BIOS at boot time was what I was trying to suggest.

I've seen this scenario play out with older PC hardware using the
Adaptec 7xxx series controllers w/ AHA chip sets, as well as the more
recent Symbios 53c895 controllers and certain Intel motherboards.

--
Regards,

Michael Bevilacqua

   ~