sean finney on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:57:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] /etc on a separate partition

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 06:08:14AM -0800, Wayne Dawson wrote:
> Here's what I have, in case anybody wants to do that.  Red Hat 8, two SCSI
> disks in an enclosure that is separate from the CPU, with an Adaptec SCSI
> interface card.  I am currently running the stock RH8 kernel with a driver
> for the Adaptec card running as a module, but I have a kernel that I
> compiled with the SCSI driver and RAID compiled in.  Any takers?

well it may be that your system has trouble booting from your scsi/raid.
do you have an extra ide drive in there too? you could put /boot on that
drive, install the boot sector on it, and then your system will boot
up off that and mount the root partition off the scsi device.

alternatively, it might just be some obscure bios setting that's keeping
you from being able to boot off the card...

	sean