Bill Jonas on Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:50:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Power Supply Needed: suggestions?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 12:20:37PM -0800, M.Simons wrote:
> Does anybody have any extras? :D or suggestions on where to get a
> half-decent one inexpensively?  Good brands? brands to avoid?

PC Power & Cooling is widely considered one of the premiere power supply
vendors.  You might find them a bit pricey, though.  Their URL is
<http://www.pcpowercooling.com/>.

A couple of months ago, I replaced the noisy 300W power supply in my
case with a much quieter Antec TruePower 330W supply.  The product link
is <http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_powerSupply.php?ProdID=20330>.
You might find it pricey, though, too; retail in the store where I
bought it was $69.99.  So far, it's been nice, quiet, and reliable.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins