gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:51:31 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Power Supply Needed: suggestions?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 05:49:50PM -0700, Bill Jonas wrote:
> A couple of months ago, I replaced the noisy 300W power supply in my
> case with a much quieter Antec TruePower 330W supply.  The product link
> is <http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_powerSupply.php?ProdID=20330>.
> You might find it pricey, though, too; retail in the store where I
> bought it was $69.99.  So far, it's been nice, quiet, and reliable.

Power supplies are always pretty expensive (more than I expected
when I started buying parts rather than whole computers). Antec's a
good name, and that's a pretty good rate for an above 300W power
supply.

(I'm looking at a 650W to reliably power all the drives in my full
tower at home... not a purchasing decision to be taken lightly.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net