JP Toto on Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:43:08 -0400

[PLUG] Local Mirrors?

Hi all. I was going through a new install of Gentoo the other day and got to thinking... does PLUG have a local mirror of any distros? If we do and I just don't know about it then just ignore this. If not... what would it take to get one up and running?

- Could we use our current hosting location where the web site is?

- Because of the inordinate amount of bandwidth required to have a local mirror of a bunch of distros... what costs would be incurred?

- If there are significant costs... would folks be willing to pony up a small membership fee annually to offset the cost of having their own local mirror to use for rsyncing, apt-updating, and ISO downloading?

- Is anyone available to administer such a service?

I was just curious about this stuff so I wanted to toss it out there. Again, if this has come up already or Im crazy you can let me know :-)

Cheers, - JP

--

JP Toto
ViceClown@yahoo.com