Kam Salisbury on Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:32:10 -0400

[PLUG] Laptop Reccomendation

I am considering buying a new laptop with some of my tax refund... I am
interested in any reccomendations from PLUG members concerning the latest
models currently available and their associated Linux on a laptop story.

I, myself, tried to live with linux on my current HP pavillion ze1115 but
was not very happy with the outcome of the install. Some of the hardware was
not very Linux friendly and became more hassle than it was worth to figure
out. An example would be the SpeedStep (maybe I have the term wrong)
processor support had the processor running full speed all the time instead
of scaling it down if it was running on battery. Same thing for the screen,
the brightness control was stuck on full bright.

010010110110000101101101
Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA
http://kamsalisbury.com