Michael C. Toren on Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:56:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Local Mirrors?

> - If there are significant costs... would folks be willing to pony up a
> small membership fee annually to offset the cost of having their own
> local mirror to use for rsyncing, apt-updating, and ISO downloading?

There could easily be significant costs, but it's difficult to quantify
without estimating how much traffic the mirror would generate, which is
also difficult to do.  My biggest question, though, is what would be the
advantages over using a freely available public mirror that exists today?
Is there a shortage of gentoo mirrors?

Thanks,
-mct