Kam Salisbury on Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:56:06 -0400

[PLUG] Low Cost G3 Mac Available to a PLUG member

Hello all, I have a client who is willing to let go of an old Mac G3. It has
at least 128MB RAM, an Adaptec AHA-2930CU controller and ATI Rage 128
Graphics card. No hard disk, sorry. Please note that this system can support
both IDE and SCSI hard disks.

I mounted an old SCSI drive in it to see if a PPC distro of Linux would load
and it works fine. (Mandrake 8.2 PPC)  CDROM, network, etc. I found nothing
wrong with the MAc itself other than that it does not have a hard disk of
its own.

So... how can this sweet box be yours? Make the owner a resonable offer. A
resonable offer would have three digits to the left of the decimal point. If
you are interested, please email me directly (off the list) and I will
forward your email to the client for contact.

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA
http://kamsalisbury.com