Martin DiViaio on Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:55:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] pop3 server?

IMAP has some serious security problems at the protocol level that don't
look like they are going to get fixed anytime soon. (I'm not talking about
the fact that it's a clear text protocol.) If your users don't need a
central datastore for their mail then don't even bother with IMAP. Stick
with POP3.

Usually, the pop3 service program that installs on most distros is part of
the UW-IMAPd package of programs. I have no experience with it since I
usually just install Qpopper (which supports SSL tunneling and TLS.)

--
GPG Fingerprint: C900 18EF 0C36 4EAF A93C  F073 85D4 8B3C F3D8 077B