Jeff 'Jephree' Mealo on Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:41:04 -0400

[PLUG] Weirdest Linux Encounter In...

Weirdest thing happened today :: pinches self :: while using a standard set of
CD walkman type headphones both XMMS and Noatun played my MP3s (I checked
voice removal was ***not*** enabled) with get thislittle or NO voice and the
background was fine in some songs fuzzy in others.  My soundcard doesn't
support non-amplified sound but it makes no sense that the minimize/maximize
noises still sounded *absolutely* fine, unlike the background of the MP3s
which were sometimes distorted. This isn't a problem I don't think, it's just
a scull scratcher if I've ever heard one, Red Book Audio tracks aren't
composed of non-voice and voice tracks are they <<looks puzzeled>>.

- Jeff