Paul on Thu, 1 May 2003 15:13:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help with Lawsuit

Since I assume you've seen web sites running off tape stores before,
can you point out a couple to me?

Never seen that, and it'd be a totally stupid thing to do...

I don't know who wrote what, but, I have a general comment. There are data storage theories and methods that suggest that very infrequently used data could be stored and retrieved from very slow, high capacity media. Data that is needed routinely and very quickly is to be stored on faster media. So, data that is only accessed once a year could be kept on tape while data that is accessed daily could be kept on a hard disk. It kind of makes sense if you have an enormous amount of data.