Jeff 'Jephree' Mealo on Wed, 7 May 2003 18:27:13 -0400

[PLUG] Re: plug digest, Vol 1 #603 - 13 msgs

Open Office cannot even handle bullets or numbers correctly in HTML or Word. I
gave up saving to Microsoft Formats and decided to stick with the Open Office
format.  Unfortunately to get a viewer for it on a windows machine took
longer than what I would of pleased (had to freshmeat for a converter, then
run it over putty on SSH, all while missing class to retrieve the document).
There really needs to be a document viewer for open office available at
openoffice.org in my opinion.

Otherwise the project seems to be "up to snuff" however a user could get lost
for hours in it's menus.  Power Point XP spoiled me with it's animations
system and 2000 or Open Office seemed horrible in comparison (Btw, Open
Office supports 1/16 of the animations if that).

Who are we to complain though until we contribute to the project, I think it
looks promising and will continue to grow as long as the developers don't get
lazy.  As far as it being a completely <anything>, we'll wait and see.

- Jeff