gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 23 May 2003 15:13:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] acl pulled from rh! [TROLL]

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:28:39AM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> http://www.gurulabs.com/RedHatLinux9-review.html
>
> grep for 'acl'.

Well...

The author gives some hints on the probably good reasons they got
yanked.

As much as I wish Linux packagers would get with the program on
keeping up with what real Unix has done for years, and especially on
this very issue, I wouldn't want to see it done wrong, because it'd
be even worse than not having them to think you did and find out
they don't work right. ("Hey I've got ACLs now! Great. Oh, but wait,
after that other user who doesn't own my file but who I let edit
edits it, I can't write to it any more. And I can't chown(1) 'cause
I'm not root. Grrrr...")

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:41:49PM -0400, Stewart B. Lone wrote:
>  I dont understand the troll designation. I looked at the webpage.

Point is that it's an opportunity for wanks like me to make (more)
fun of Red Hat. Good thing I'm not pissed off about something else
and feeling like taking my aggressions out on the good ol' Durham
punching bag.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net