Mental Patient on Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:56:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RH9 (mod_perl) woes

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 08:27, zeek wrote:
> I've been doing some extensive testing of RH9 and have found nearly all areas
> (relevant to me at least) to be greatly improved. However, at the same time I
> decided to plunge into the world of mod_perl and immediately discovered some
> problems.  I've seen some mention of this issue on the mod_perl list but a
> definitive solution is missing. Any comments here would be greatly appreciated.
> Here's the scenario:
>
> httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule perl_module modules/libperl.so
> PerlModule Apache2
>
> <Perl>
>  use lib '/var/www/cgi-bin/MovableType/lib';
>  use lib '/var/www/cgi-bin/MovableType/extlib';
> </Perl>
>
> results in
>
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 44 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf:
> <Perl> directive missing closing '>'
>

> In the mod_perl archives, there was mention of using a whitespace with the
> initial Perl directive <Perl > (<Perl[space]>)
> but this only results in another error (which I didn't want to pursue since this
> was already a funky workaround).
>
> Another solution involves using:
>
> PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /var/www/cgi-bin/MovableType/lib
>
> but this results in:

I've always used a
PerlRequire /path/to/startup.pl

inside startup.pl I preload any needed modules as well as any use
lib/etc lines. HTH

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

Distant - An approaching age
When this document falls beneath another's gaze
Too late - We have lost the dawn
The signal's loud and clear, but the transmitter's gone

--Assemblage 23 "Document"