gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 9 Jun 2003 21:02:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Hardware resolution

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 07:08:21PM -0400, Beldon Dominello wrote:
> The Mobo has integrated Ethernet, which doesn't seem to have a Linux driver--
> some obscure Realtek chipset.

Hrm. RealTek's chipset is fairly well-supported, if fairly poor from
a performance point of view.

You sure it isn't just hidden behind some odd PCI bridge? What's
dmesg actually say about it?

> The sound's pretty good, as is the onboard AGP
> graphics chip.  The sound also has digital output-- RCA as well as optical---
> which is perfect, since my digital recorder accepts both types of digital
> input.

Wow. That's a step up from the AC'97 ASUS usually ships. What's the
chipset?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net