Adam Lazur on Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:05:15 -0400

[PLUG] Re: gentoo on PPC

grub doesn't work on anything !x86 AFAIK.

I have yaboot going on my ibook, but haven't set it up to work with 2
disks before. When you bootup, do you get the yaboot menu?

The bootstrap partition stuff may be tricky to configure depending on
where you put it, but after that the entries for Linux booting should be
relatively straightforward. Yaboot is similar to lilo in that you should
be able to give it root=/dev/hdb11 for each of your kernel images.

My (old powerbook) config is online at
http://adam.lazur.org/pbook/yaboot.conf

If you can't get it worked out, posting your yaboot.conf and partition
layout would probably be helpful to debug what's going on.

.adam