Joel Matz on Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:45:27 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux for SPARC?

If your looking at Debian vs Aurora I'd have  to ask what's on the SS20?

I had one with ROSS modules, Debian worked better with it than Aurora due
to Deb shipping with a 2.2 level kernel (much faster on ROSS)

Also, if you've got a 4 meg VSIMM do yourself a favor & upgrade to a 8 meg
($15 on ebay)

Aurora was a more smoothly packaged install but I really like the sparse
install of Debian.  I liked the RHat UI better than KDE though.

Either one go for slow burned images.

Joel