Jeffrey J. Nonken on Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:12:09 -0400

[PLUG] Linux for SPARC?

I want to try Linux on my wife's SPARCStation 20.

What I'd like to see:
- Supports SMP.
- Relatively easy to install. Doesn't have to be Windows easy, but I
don't want to have to do EVERYTHING by hand. If possible, I'd like it
to install a GUI desktop without much trouble.
- Relatively easy to run. My wife is a smart lady, but not a true
geek. I'll be finding most of the answers, at least the first time.
I'd prefer to do that on MY system, not hers.

That said, I'd say the SMP is probably the most important. This box
is like a pair of 486s, so I'd rather be able to use both of them.

Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks.