Jeff Abrahamson on Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:51:10 -0400

[PLUG] ethernet hub "crash"

My bf got a new PowerMac G4 running OS X. He plugged it in where his
old OS 9 iMac used to be. His ethernet connections keep dying,
repairable by power cycling the hub.

I tried moving him to a different port, and also switching his port
from auto to 100, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

It might be that the hub is just starting to die, but the coincidence
is remarkable. Telling him it's his PowerMac would be hard, since (1)
the power cycling hub fixes the problem and (2) he's kind of excited
with the new toy.

--
 Jeff