Michael C. Toren on Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:55:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] ethernet hub "crash"

> My bf got a new PowerMac G4 running OS X. He plugged it in where his
> old OS 9 iMac used to be. His ethernet connections keep dying,
> repairable by power cycling the hub.
>
> I tried moving him to a different port, and also switching his port
> from auto to 100, but it doesn't solve the problem.
>
> Any suggestions?

When his connection dies, do other ports on the same hub also die, or just
the the G4?  Have you tired unplugging his cable for a minute or so after
his port has died, and then plugging it back in to see if it corrects the
problem?  Also, do you know offhand what the make and model of the hub is?

Thanks,
-mct