Jeffrey J. Nonken on Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:05:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Looking for a couple of cheap boxes

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:25:56 -0400, Magnus wrote:
>Sounds like something based on a Via EPIA motherboard.  You can
>further
>reduce power consumption by using a laptop hard disk.

I was going to suggest scrounging for 486 and Pentium machines, and removing the fans from the power supplies, but looks like you've got it covered.

Small used laptop hard drives are dirt cheap on eBay. You'll also probably need adaptors to make them work in a desktop box. Adaptor kits are cheap too.