Jon Nelson on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:52:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's advocate)

Jason said:
> Jon, thank you very much for getting this thread going. Look at how much
> traffic this thread has generated. Obviously, you have sparked some
> interest
> here. I hope that you are still interested in pursuing the goals
> originally

It has never waivered.

> stated. I personally feel that I do far too little public and community
> service and charity.
>
> So, what is necessary to get started?

Today I am going to be calling Team Children (the person I need to talk to
has been out of the office) and talk to them about a lot of the ideas from
this thread.  Specifically I am going to talk to them about adopting us
under their non-profit status.

Once that is completed, I will start soliciting contributions to the
effort.  There have been some very good ideas on who to approach so I am
very optimistic.

After that, it's finding a venue to work on the installs.  I'll talk to
Team Children about using their facility.

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation