kaze on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:55:36 -0400

RE: [PLUG] dig returns "Transfer failed", what to do?

--> Right, but doing the reverse lookup *really* does you no good if
--> they don't have their reverse zone configured at all. :^>
-->
--> Incidentally... do you know who controls the reverse DNS for that
--> zone? (It's probably *not* you!)
--> --
--> gabriel rosenkoetter
--> gr@eclipsed.net

Yeah, I remember this at another place, as we only had a piece of a class C
they wouldn't even bother. But they had a generic entry like
host243.ispname.com for all the IPs in a reverse table - that worked at
least for casual reverse lookups by mailservers I think.