kaze on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 02:23:06 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Interesting Comcast Experience

--> From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
--> [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Paul
--> Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 12:42 AM
<snip>
--> a free or low cost cable modem, I think I will sign up within the next
--> month.  Although, if my life and location were more stable, I would
--> consider the Speakeasy shared DSL deal.

They might give you free modem rental the first few months, otherwise it's
like $5/mo; I got my cable modem at Radio Shack as a 'Comcast self install
kit' which after the rebates ends up costing $0 - don't know if that's still
the deal though.