Stephen Gran on Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:11:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Outlook Evolution Question

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:38:52AM -0400, Douglas Johnson said:
> Is there anyway to check the mail that has been download to an
> outlook(I'm bad I know) mailbox on one partition. While I am booted up
> too linux on another partition. I am running xp pro on the windows
> side and redhat 9.0 on the linux side. Thanks much.

When booted into Redhat, you can mount the XP partition somewhere and
copy over the .mbox files.  XP's filesystem is usually ntfs, although if
you've upgraded from win98 or so, it might be vfat.  So (assuming ntfs):
mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt

find /mnt -name *.mbx

And then check out this page:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/1/2002/06/1/22029

There's also a utility out there called mbx2mbox (google will findit for
you) that converts .mbx files to standard linux mbox files, but I think
that only works for older versions of Outlook.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Q: Why did the WASP cross the road? A:  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | To get to the middle.                   |