Art Clemons on Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:08:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Compiling Kernels/Setting up USB Devices

I've looked up some howto on the internet but most of them aren't basic enough for me to really understand what is going on or they assume you know how to compile a kernal or module.

the computer is a P4 with an intel motherboard.

First are you sure that the distribution doesn't have modules which can in effect be added to a running kernel and allow you to use your USB port as well as your visor? Instead of the books, I'ld try looking on the RedHat site and see if others have solved your problem with modules or recompiling the kernel and how they did it. Since you want a relatively minor change and you're new, try the simplest solution first.