Mattison, Jacob on Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:27:04 -0400

RE: [PLUG] [OT] Where to get adapters for British outlets?

That is correct; in Scotland they use 220 Volts (as opposed to 120V here)
and the plug type is known as "B1/B3".  Most travel stores sell adapters;
try for example the Rand McNally store in Liberty Place (16th and Chestnut
St) if you're in Center City.  Also luggage stores.  Also Radio Shack; see
for example
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CT
LG%5F009%5F001%5F004%5F000&product%5Fid=273%2D1413 (if that URL doesn't
work, go to www.radioshack.com, click on "batteries and power", "Adapters,
strips, surge", "foreign travel adapters".

Jacob