Paul on Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:52:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] cable modem and MAC

Good! Thanks to you and all. Looks like my GNU/Linux PC will become our new router/firewall/wireless access point. Although I see routers for $30 or $40 dollars, that is expensive for me at this time, and I figure I can learn more by using iptables.

Chris wrote:

Doesn't matter, as long as they have the mac of the modem. I've switch
my router many of times, once you switch it out it takes some time for
them to get the new mac of the router. I believe each time I switched
out routers it took 15 mins before I got a new lease.