Ruse, Kevin KPSI on Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:56:05 -0400

RE: [PLUG] cable modem and MAC

Thats all fine

modem ---> linux router ----X0----> other machine

                 ---wireless card----> wireless machine

You could get a cheap switch to replace your xo cable with in case you want
to plug more machines on to you network.

Also when you setup IPtables i would suggest taking a look at a program
called fwbuilder Its a helpful interface for keeping your rules straight,
though it does make very messy looking chains.

Kevin Ruse
Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard